Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Crafty Baby Shower Gift



My Visiting Teacher, Mandy, had her baby shower last Saturday and I was trying to figure out what to get her.
This is what I came up with!




I Started with a couple of cute outfits I picked out, and some Pacifiers (along with clips) that were on her baby registry. Then I decided that I wanted to make something cute for it all to go in.



I got a light green photo box and pried off the front metal tag.



Next I picked out the ribbon I liked and hot glued it around the bottom of the box. I made sure that the hot glue was thinly applied, so it didn't show through the ribbon. I also neatly folded over the edges of the ribbon for a clean look! When I place the ribbon, I always make sure to have the ribbon start and stop over the holes that I made while prying off the metal tag, this makes sure you can't see any of the mess!


Then I cut some ribbon for the top of the box and wrap it to the inside of the lid.



Just like the other piece of ribbon, I neatly fold over the edge so it wouldn't fray.



Then I picked out two wooden cutouts, I used the painted kind you can get from any craft store (I like the painted ones so I can match it to the ribbon right in the store but you could definitely use the blank ones and paint them yourself!)



Next I picked out some matching tissue paper.



After what seemed like forever of arranging everything in the box (I may be a little bit of a perfectionist....maybe...)
It finally came out like this!



She loved it! (And I really like how it turned out!)

6 comments:

Annie said...

So cute Amber!!!

Chantel said...

I love it! That is so cute. It looks perfect. Great post, and tutorial too :-)

Hey! you could sell those boxes at the farmers market! they always look so good

Mrs Abbott said...

cute!!!! I love it! Good job! Pink and green are always a good combination to go with!

Helena said...

Your nails are beautiful! And that is a great gift. I love the box.

Helena said...

Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy Session with Life in the Pitts!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

That is so cute. Seriously, you need to do more projects and post them for us all to see. You are so awesome at crafts.